Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Week So Far

Yesterday's Short Story: What's In a Name?

The kids in my form class (ie homeroom) came to tell me they are making a class t-shirt, and they wanted to include me (which was really sweet and thoughtful!). They want to know what name to write on the shirt:
Me: "Miss Greenblatt is fine."
Students: "Miss Green?"
Me: "Miss Greenblatt."
Students: "Miss Green?"
Me: "Miss Greenblatt. That would be great."

A couple hours later, the class's other form teacher (ie the one that has actually been with them since the beginning of the year), came up to me and asked:
"The kids aren't sure what to put on the shirt. What would you like it to say?"
Me: "Miss Greenblatt would be fine."
Teacher: "Miss Green?"
Me: "Miss Greenblatt?"
Teacher: "Miss Green?"
Me: "Miss Greenblatt."
Teacher: "You want the whole thing?"
Me: "Yes. My name is Miss Greenblatt."
Teacher: "..."
Me: "Would you like me to write it down?"

(to be continued when I get the shirt!)

Today's short story: My Most Pleasurable Part

One of the boys in my class kicked another boy in the groin today. After I dealt with the situation, I asked the students to continue their group work. As I circulated, I heard the group with the injured boy discussing the incident rather than the project.
Me: "So, how's this project coming guys?"
Student: "Miss, he kicked me in my most important part!"
Me: "Your brain is your most important part."
Student: "OK. He kicked me in my most pleasurable part!"
Awkward silence. Internal hysterical laughter.
Me: "... So about this project?"

3 comments:

  1. Miss Green.. this post made me laugh out loud in the office (thank god no one is around)lol How do you keep it together in these situations??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that kid is a freakin' genious. I hope my students turn out to be that funny. And come on, let's be honest: that part is the most important part ;)

    ReplyDelete